Have you seen Dr. Bendt P Petersen III?

STAY AWAY FROM HIM

I just wanted to let as many people know as I can to please stay away from this doctor he has done me serious harm he did my surgery lumbar Fusion L4 - S1 3 months ago and I'm in severe pain more than I was before surgery he will not admit that he has done something wrong all he cared about was making the money for the surgery and now he has the nerve to tell me that I am not in pain I cannot sit stand I have filed a complaint with the manager at the orthopedic group thinking about pursuing it further but right now I'm in so much pain that I have to find a doctor that will fix his mistake so I beg you please please do not go see this doctor he does not care all he wants his money

I took my 95 year old mother in to see Bendt Peterson today. She was referred to him after Dr Cockrell gave her an epidural shot three weeks ago. She and I both have used your group of doctors for years and never had a problem. Dr Peterson is the bad apple in your bunch and should not be working around people. He was rude, unprofessional and immature. He came in the room and stood in the corner like a child with a big frown on his face. No greeting. His first sentence was “so you need another epidural.” As my mother turned up her hearing aid to hear what he was saying I told him she wanted to ask him some questions. He said “my PA didn’t do a good enough job of answering questions for you?” I said “are you having a bad day? Is something wrong?” And he said “no just ask your questions!” He was so rude and just stood all the way in the corner of the room scowling. I said “could you be a little nicer, more receptive, she’s hard of hearing.” He put his hand up to stop me from talking and just stormed out. Like a temper tantrum thing. My mother was so confused. After five minutes a girl came in and said Dr Peterson wouldn’t be coming back that he’s moved on to his next patient. It really was the most unbelievable doctor’s appointment I’ve ever been through. Now she has to make another appointment with a different spine specialist and come back because your group employs this jerk. And she’s in pain. He doesn’t care about people. Something is wrong with him. Whatever his personal problems are he needs to get them figured out if they are causing him to be so mean. Or maybe from the reviews I’ve read he’s just mean. Patients should not be treated this way. Please do something about this doctor.

This is the most uncaring Rude mean doctor I have ever encountered he did my posterior lumbar fusion surgery which ended up causing me more pain than before the surgery he says that I'm not in pain but it's all in my head and I'm in severe pain in tears please do not go to this dr.

Beware of Bendt Peterson

He definitely deserves the worst doctor award. Besides the fact that he is rude, insulting, doesn’t care if you understand, half way treats you and spends 5 minutes with you max, he insinuates that everyone is just after pain meds even though I only asked for a different muscle relaxer or some at home remedies to try. I honestly don’t see how he’s been in practice this long. When I made my appointment he was the only doctor who had open availability soon and I see why- nobody wants to deal with him. It’s sad how he’s getting paid to help people but the only thing he’s helping is his pockets.

Dr. Petersen is the best.

Dr. Petersen is very experienced, confident, has great bedside manner. He does excellent work and explains procedures thoroughly. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering spinal surgery.

Exceptional, well skilled surgeon

I had back surgery 3 and half years ago. I had a subluxation at L1-2 and all of my lumber disc spaces were collapsing; I could barely walk or stand, and had not slept in weeks due to pain. Dr Peterson stabilized my sublux and opened the disc spaces, which decompressed all of those nerves using screws and rods. Occasionally the nerve that was badly compredssed will flair when my inflammation gets out of hand, but I am generally pain free all the time. I am having neck issues now and will be back in his office next week. If I can help it, I will never use another doctor to deal with spine issues! Amazingly well skilled, thoughtful, and concerned with his patients health and out come. Not all problems can be fixed with surgery, but if it can be corrected, Dr Petersen is the best.

Life Saver!!!

I was in excruciating pain and when Dr. Petersen said "I can fix you" I wanted to cry! And fix me he did! It's been 7 years and I've not had one second of pain since my spinal fusion. I couldn't get relief sitting, standing, or lying down....Now every time I walk across a parking lot or do any number of things most just take for granted I say a prayer of thanksgiving for this gifted and nice gentleman! I recommend him to everyone!

He did absolutely nothing

My friend saw Dr Peterson today. She has MRIs and x-rays and multiple letters from specialists on her levoscoliosis, kyphosis, multiple herniated discs, and broken foot, but apparently that doesn't warrant an actual treatment plan. Just said they'd give her "Mobic or nothing" which is all but useless and didn't even see fit to do a surgery consult which is what she needs. She literally wasted $50 to be told nothing and offered no help. They did some x-rays because the several she has aren't good enough. That's the summary of her visit. They can't write narcotic prescriptions unless they do surgery? It's up to the doctor to write meds as needed and it's left to their discretion. So she's been in pain management for years with one pain prescription, moved to Mobile and is trying to find new doctors, and just exists in perpetual pain now because doctors here see everyone as a drug-seeker. It's a sad state of affairs when doctors don't follow their oath to help and care for their patients. Hippocratic Oath? Not so much.

Wonderful Doctor

I had went to two other doctors and got no results. Dr Petersen, listened to me and was very understanding. He did surgery on my disk in my neck. All my pain is gone. He is a wonderful surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone.

Two sugerys

Did great I am back working and doing well with my back.

Back issues

Plan for help with pain and future plan if pain changes

5 Stars!

If I could've given 10 stars to Dr. Petersen and ALL the staff, I absolutely would have. Everyone was fantastic!

Dr. Bendt P Petersen III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mobile, AL.