Dr. Benedict Digiovanni Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Benedict Digiovanni?

Always good care

Posted on May 21st, 2015

My experience with Dr DiGiovanni has always been positive. I had ankle arthroscopy in on my left ankle in 2002 and the right in 2005. The post care was excellent when the second surgery I had some nerve irritation that took some time to go away. For 12 years, my left ankle had no issues. Normal wear and tear (powerlifting) and I found myself back seeing Dr. Digiovanni for the first time in a decade. He suggested a steroid shot in the ankle and all went well. I really do not understand some of these reviews. I have never experienced that once in the dozen or so times I have has a visit or procedure with him. The wait might be a little long at times but when you are in the room with you, he spends the time with you. He answers every question and has a great bedside manner.

He's terrific!

Posted on August 16th, 2012

In terms of caring, Dr. DiGiovanni stands out from the 'crowd' of specialists I have seen in 4+ decades of medical treatments received. He's one of very few specialists who clearly regarded me as a 'human being with an illness' (a broken 5th metatarsal) as opposed to an illness with a body attached. Because of his position as an educator, he had additional medical students/residents in attendance with him during the first visit. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself included in the conversations regarding my treatment/prognosis, rather than an onlooker from the edge of the room (I have had this experience with other doctors in the past, not so pleasant). His staff has been very responsive to phone calls and questions I have had--his nurse practictioner made multiple attempts to return my call, even 'after hours'. All in all, my experience (two visits, with another follow-up scheduled) with Dr. DiGiovanni has been very positive.

Thought I had fallen through a worm hole into Alice's Wonderland!

Posted on July 5th, 2012

You are wasting your time going to this Doctor. He is a 'Surgeon' and has only 'Operations' to offer you! Unless of course as in my case he tells you he doesn't have any thing to offer you. (only took 7 weeks to get into see him). When I asked who could help me, He told me that I was dismissed and should leave immediately (or he would call security)!Don't go see this guy, unless of course you have mental problems along with your orthopedic problems, because unless your the perfect patient, he will dismiss you too!!!!

I would recommend this doctor

Posted on November 18th, 2011

I thought this doctor was very reassuring and great with my teenager. His diagnosis was spot on with a specialist in NYC who I used for second opinion. He was very well informed and agreed to talk again to just my husband and myself to reassure us he could easily do this surgery despite not having performed many. He seemed very interested in my daughter.

forget about this doc

Posted on August 5th, 2009

arrogant, condescending, insecure. Will not answer your questions, no matter how reasonable they may be and how polite you are when you ask them. That is a very bad sign. Likes to put on a show for the students.If you are not an athlete, he feels he is wasting his time. He wastes your time and your money by not seing you and having you return to see his PA even after he sayes he wont do any thing for you. I have found on other websites, individuals that have had the same experience with this doctor.

Posted on June 20th, 2017