Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benedicta O Umoru has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Benedicta O Umoru has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 5
I normally would not have seen a woman doctor, even though I am a woman myself. I was given this doctor's name after I was diagnosed with a blood clot in the ER and told that I needed to follow up within 3-5 days. I had moved to the area recently and I did not have a family physician yet. She got me in the Wednesday after Memorial Day. She came in with a mask on saying that she was told I recently had bacterial pneumonia and she was being cautious. I was immediately impressed. She did a very thorough exam, then sent me to the hospital to have a ct scan of my chest to check for pulmonary embolisms. After the ct scan, she said to wait until the results were read; she called me while I was in the waiting room to discuss my results and what the plan of action would be. This was AFTER 6 pm. I have a lot of faith after only 1 visit, and for me that is close to impossible. Usually it takes 3-4 doctors before I find one that I trust.
19 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Meharry Medical College
Dr. Benedicta O Umoru accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Benedicta O Umoru is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairview Heights, IL.