Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin Emanuel
Dr. Benjamin Emanuel, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 9 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Neurological Surgery. Dr. Emanuel is affiliated with Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center and Providence Tarzana Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Benjamin Emanuel has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
How many stars would you give to a "dr" whom says is a neurologist, when I went to see him because I have more than 18 months with half of my face numb, half of my head hurts 24/7, my eye is swollen, and painful, and all he said was" I'm not a pain doctor, go with your primary doctor, your cardiologist or I don't know, I can't do anything for you", ( it was the last time I saw him) the second time I went to his office he sent me down stairs for a blood test ( I didn't know that I needed authorization) nobody called me to give me the results, he gave a prescription for therapy I never received the authorization and when I called he said that he never send for therapy and I had the prescription in my hand, etc., etc., if I continue I'm not going to have enough space, I gave him 1 star because there is no option to give him 0 stars, he is racist in my opinion because I'm Hispanic , I feel humiliated, he even asked me to show him my driver license ( to compare the picture with my face now) and he said" oh no this picture is to old, you were to fat here, or you loose weight", do you think he deserve more than 1 star?, is he a doctor?.
Dr. Emanuel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center
Providence Tarzana Medical Center
USC University Hospital
USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
9 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Benjamin Emanuel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1520 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Benjamin Emanuel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.