Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin Akiwumi
Dr. Benjamin Akiwumi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burgaw, NC, with another office in Rocky Point, NC. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Akiwumi is affiliated with Cape Fear Hospital, Pender Memorial Hospital and New Hanover Regional M.C.. He speaks English.
Dr. Benjamin Akiwumi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Benjamin Akiwumi has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Benjamin Akiwumi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Akiwumi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cape Fear Hospital
Pender Memorial Hospital
New Hanover Regional M.C.
Columbia/Cape Fear Health
30 Years Experience
University Of Ghana
Graduated in 1986
Mercy Catheterization Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Benjamin Akiwumi in this video.
Dr. Benjamin Akiwumi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burgaw, NC.