Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benjamin Carson Barnard has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went to see him for the suboxone program . He charged me $465 had two other friends he charged different amounts . He sends me home with nothing only to call me to come back the next day paid another $125 to get the suboxone script I should have gotten my first visit . He talk more about his life strongly about him beliefs that I don't agree with . He seemed Fake .He also talks about Goverment watching him he tells me I don't need as many cuts my script back then the next visit he gives me back the amount he shorten me . I think it just depends on what mood he is in . I don't go to him any long .
Dr. Barnard is a caring professional who has helped me assess my internal pain and depression. Through his words of inspiration and encouragement, I have regained awareness of my internal and external emotional and physical strengths and have been able to harness my distractions and overcome barriers of emotional pain. His words of encouragement to live life seeking joy and a true center of self awareness, have come from his heart as he (himself) has experienced internal pain caused by the actions of those within his life circle (my own perception through outside knowledge of the mental and emotional stress he has experienced and has overcome). I am happy and am living a life, concentrating on my own actualization and resisting those external negative forces insistent on breaking me down. Thank you Dr. Barnard! . .
34 Years Experience
Medical College of Georgia
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Benjamin Carson Barnard accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2608 Commons Blvd, Augusta, GA
Dr. Benjamin Carson Barnard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.