Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin Blackmon Jr
Dr. Benjamin Blackmon Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Blackmon is affiliated with Lexington Medical Center, Providence Hospital and Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Benjamin Blackmon Jr has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Benjamin Blackmon Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Blackmon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lexington Medical Center
Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center
Palmetto Health Baptist
Kershaw County Medical Center
Kershaw County Medical Center
33 Years Experience
Medical University of South Carolina
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1410 Blanding St, Columbia, SC
Dr. Benjamin Blackmon Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.