Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benjamin Carcamo has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Benjamin Carcamo has the following 3 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Benjamin Carcamo has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Benjamin Carcamo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Carcamo has kept my husband alive for more than a decade. My husband has a rare blood disorder that Dr. Carcamo has helped stabalize and treat. My husband has had his life saved more than once by Dr. Carcamo and if it weren't for his expertise and care my husband wouldn't be here today. So to the person who thinks his license should be revoked, anything but that should happen. Dr. Carcamo is an angel sent from heaven to help the sick and we have been blessed with him as a doctor. I understand you may have lost a loved one, but knowing Dr. Carcamo and how involved he is with his patients I know he did everything he could. And if he said "he is not god" then there must of been nothing left he could do. Dr Carcamo will try and try and never give up, that is the kind of Doctor and man he is. There is only so much modern medicine can do and only so much our doctors can do. I definitely recommend Dr. Carcamo to everyone.
Dr Benjamin Carcamo is the best oncologists.He has great bedside manners toward his patients. Caring understanding Doctor.Intelligent Doctor.He is a leader not a follower and now that he is at the children's hospital at University medical center I hope he won't have to follow other Doctors because he has it all.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
John Peter Smith Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTexas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 5001 El Paso Dr, El Paso, TX
Dr. Benjamin Carcamo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.