Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin Chu
Dr. Benjamin Chu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elizabethport, NJ. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Chu is affiliated with Trinitas Regional Medical Center, Trinitas Hospital and Trinitas Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Benjamin Chu has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Benjamin Chu has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Benjamin Chu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Worst psychiatrist I ever saw!! I'm not one to write reviews, but after a fe sessions with this "so called doctor" I don't want anyone to go thru what I did...if u can't even spell a medication properly, he won't keep u as a patient! Who can spell all generic medications!! Please, save urself, don't let him put u on medications and get your body used to them, only to have this "doctor" make u leave his practice, he is UNETHICAL and should not be practicing.. Again, only writing this so no one else has to go through what I did
Dr. Chu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Trinitas Regional Medical Center
Trinitas Regional Medical Center
Trinitas Hospital -New Point, Elizabeth, Nj
Trinitas Hospital - Williamson Street Campus, Elizabeth
43 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1973
St Elizabeth Hospital
Dr. Benjamin Chu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Amerihealth Local Value Network
- Amerihealth Regional Preferred
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsTRINITAS HOSPITAL NEWPOINT CAMPUS, 655 E Jersey St, Elizabethport, NJ
Dr. Benjamin Chu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elizabethport, NJ.