- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Benjamin T Esparaz has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Benjamin T Esparaz has the following 11 expertise
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Bone Marrow Transplant
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Benjamin T Esparaz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Benjamin T Esparaz
Dr. Benjamin T. Esparaz has been a medical oncologist with Cancer Care Specialists of Central Illinois, S.C., since 1989, and is one of its primary founders. He primarily sees patients at our main office at the Cancer Care Center of Decatur, but also sees patients at Pana Community Hospital. Aside from seeing cancer patients, Dr. Esparaz has a special interest in seeing patients with clotting and bleeding disorders. In 1980, Dr. Esparaz received his M.D. degree from the University of Santo Tomas Medical School, Manila, Philippines, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Louisville Health Science Center, Louisville, Kentucky, in 1986, and went on to complete a fellowship in Medical Oncology/Hematology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. In addition to his practice with CCSCI, Dr. Esparaz has been Medical Director of the St. John's Hospice Program since 1996. He was chairman of the Department of Internal Medicine at St. Mary's Hospital in Decatur from 1998-2002 and was chairman of the Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee at Decatur Memorial Hospital from 1995-2002. Dr. Esparaz was appointed Clinical Assistant Professor for the SIU-Family and Community Medicine in 1996. He was elected Fellow of the American College of Physicians in 1999. He currently serves as Co-Principal Investigator for the Central Illinois Community Clinical Oncology Program and serves on several medical committees. He is also serving a two year term as President of the Medical Staff at Decatur Memorial Hospital from 2009-2010.
Locations & DirectionsCANCER CARE SPECIALISTS OF CENTRAL ILLINOIS, 210 W McKinley Ave # 1, Decatur, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Benjamin T Esparaz, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Decatur, IL, in this video.
Dr. Benjamin T Esparaz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Decatur, IL.