Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benjamin E Gitterman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Benjamin E Gitterman has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Benjamin E Gitterman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Benjamin E Gitterman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I've been going to Dr. Gitterman for a combined 15 or so years. I've always liked him and he is honest and no nonsense. Over the years I did develop some mental health issues and I'm afraid that has changed his view of me a bit. I'm not a serious hypchondriac, but I have had visits that turned out "OK". I have anxiety and other issues that seem to make me nervous about my health. Dr. Gitterman is reassuring but I get the feeling he rolls his eyes after I leave. I guess he has plenty of other patients like me and we fit a certain mold.
Dr. Gitterman has been my primary care physician for about 10 years. He knows me well and remembers things, even semi-medical issues, from visit to visit. He explains complicated issues in a way I understand and gently reminds me when I an not exercising, eating right etc. When I first met him, he was new to the practice and not as smooth as now. He has improved a great deal.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
24 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Benjamin E Gitterman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrinceton Medical Group PA, 419 N Harrison St Ste 101, Princeton, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Benjamin E Gitterman in this video.
Dr. Benjamin E Gitterman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Princeton, NJ.