Dr. Benjamin Stevens Is this you?

2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Stevens?

A physician to avoid.

Posted on September 29th, 2017

Several years back Dr. Stevens refused my request to lower my thyroid therapy dosage of 50 mg to a smaller dosage as recommended if a patient had no thyroid. That request, a request for second opinion and referral to specialist in the network were denied, "Unnecessary expense. " Today I still deal with dental disease created by that large, abrupt drop in my thyroid meds. Additionally when retrieving my medical records one posted by Stevens assessed me as opiate dependent continuing. I was not taking an opiate. I had taken three prescriptions some five years back. He also stated I had refused an offered pain film. When seeing him after being away from that clinic for several years he decides with no backup information but those five years back I am dependent on a drug. I tracked my prescription requests that was included in my retrieved records. Nothing found since those three five years back. Verify your statement, Dr. You can"t. Not after seeing me for several years and then deciding I am dependent on an opiate. That assessment takes the establishment of a pattern. Additionally, the lab report following that dosage change showed out of range thyroid output. Very soon after the change I was at ER complaining of severe cramps, numbness, chills and sleep interruption. During cleaning of teeth two weeks after med change my teeth are riddled with cavities. Yet you say, you did no wrong doing. WOW

Posted on January 15th, 2017

Though this prescription change over my objections was done several years I still deal with the results. It is recommended with hypothyroid patients thyroid prescription therapy be changed slowly. I have no thyroid. This physician refused my request for second opinion, a referral to a specialist on their network-unnecessary expense-.and prescribed a large dosage drop in thyroid prescription. After reacting, I find my records are incorrect regarding this issue. Despite several Acts giving patients right to add amendments to medical records. My attempts have been denied. Some do not need to be working with patients.

A DOC TO AVOID

Posted on May 13th, 2016

Benjamin Stevens refused to refer me to a specialist or contact a second opinion as requested, "unnecessary expense." He ignored my concerns about dropping my thyroid therapy dosage 50 mcg with me not having a thyroid. Those knowledgeable in the field know changing thyroid dosage 50 mcg, a large change, is not the protocol to follow when assessing and adjusting dosage for an elderly hypothyroid female with no thyroid. . It should be adjusted slowly.

Posted on April 4th, 2016

Some should not be working with patients. ' My medical records will show a lab report indicating low and high our of range chemical output. This was a result of a prescription written over my objections that did not follow the recommended dosage change protocol for a patient with my diagnosis The requested specialist referral and second opinion had been denied. Why? Unnecessary expense. . .

paralyzed vet.

Posted on February 2nd, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr stevens for over 6 years. He is a fantastic dr. He has always made sure my issues were promptly.and accurately addressed. If your looking for dr.feel good to give you.narcotics etc you are at the wrong dr. If you want a Dr that will take your health care seriously and give you top notch care. Dr stevens is the right Dr for you.

Posted on December 24th, 2015

Should not be working with patients; not trustworthy .

Posted on October 27th, 2017