Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin Allen Jr
Dr. Benjamin Allen Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, SC. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Allen is affiliated with Greenville Memorial Hospital, Shriners Hospital for Children - Greenville and Shriners Hospital For Crippled, Greenville, Sc. He speaks English.
Dr. Benjamin Allen Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
35 years ago Dr's Allen and Ferguson used myself and 2 others to try using Luque Rods instead of Harrington Rods for a spinal fracture. Having him do that was the best choice I could have made. My father was also faculty at UTMB and had full confidence in their choice. I was 20 at the time. Though the paralysis was permanent my recovery could not have gone better. I have been very active in all types of outdoor sports since. I am now a licensed captain, US Sailing instructor, ACA level one kayak instructor and live a very active life. I still live in the Galveston area and am the adaptive sports coordinator for for Galveston Community Sailing. I would just like to thank Dr. Allen.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Greenville Memorial Hospital
Shriners Hospital for Children - Greenville
Shriners Hospital For Crippled, Greenville, Sc
49 Years Experience
Graduated in 1964
Dr. Benjamin Allen Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions950 W Faris Rd, Greenville, SC
Dr. Benjamin Allen Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, SC.