Dr. Benjamin Allen Jr Is this you?

Patient form UTMB Galveston

Posted on September 22nd, 2014

35 years ago Dr's Allen and Ferguson used myself and 2 others to try using Luque Rods instead of Harrington Rods for a spinal fracture. Having him do that was the best choice I could have made. My father was also faculty at UTMB and had full confidence in their choice. I was 20 at the time. Though the paralysis was permanent my recovery could not have gone better. I have been very active in all types of outdoor sports since. I am now a licensed captain, US Sailing instructor, ACA level one kayak instructor and live a very active life. I still live in the Galveston area and am the adaptive sports coordinator for for Galveston Community Sailing. I would just like to thank Dr. Allen.