Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benjamin L Bregman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Mental Illness
- Holistic Health
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
The best clinician I ever had, of any specialization. He is almost preternaturally concerned with his patients' well-being. When I had a concern outside a session, he was quick to follow up with a text or phone call (through the Valley Medical system). When I compare him to my current, lackluster doctor -- well, there IS no comparison. Patients in his DC practice should consider themselves lucky to have such a caring, compassionate, and sweet-natured man to help them through their struggles. Dr Bregmsn, I miss you!
I've been seeing dr. Bregman for several months now and we've tried different medications to help with the issues I have. He's been very kind and understanding about everything. He always takes the time to listen to me and always remembers what we talked about the last visit. I'm truly happy to have found such an awesome doctor.
11 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Benjamin L Bregman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGeorge Joseph Md, 908 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Benjamin L Bregman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.