Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin Liptzin
Dr. Benjamin Liptzin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Liptzin is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center, Baystate Mary Lane Hospital and Baystate Franklin Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Benjamin Liptzin has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic, Cognitive Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Liptzin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baystate Medical Center
Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
Baystate Franklin Medical Center
Franklin Med Ctr, Greenfield, Ma
Baystate Medical Center
42 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1971
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Benjamin Liptzin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA
Dr. Benjamin Liptzin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.