Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benjamin L Mackey has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Pediatric ophthalmologists provide complete eye and vision care for children and adolescents. They’re trained to work specifically with children and they offer screening and treatment solutions that make kids more relaxed. Similar to optometrists, they can perform vision screenings and regular exams as well as prescribe glasses and contacts, if needed.
However, they’re also trained to treat and operate on more complex eye conditions, such as problems with retinas, a lazy eye, crossed eyes or weak eye muscles. In addition, they come to the rescue when foreign objects and substances get into your child’s eyes and cause an injury, swelling or another reaction.
Dr. Benjamin L Mackey has the following 10 expertise
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eye Pain
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
Dr. Benjamin L Mackey has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Benjamin L Mackey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Mackey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Benjamin L Mackey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMackey Vision Center, 281 N Commonwealth Ave, Corbin, KY
Dr. Benjamin L Mackey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corbin, KY.