Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Benjamin K Merritt has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Benjamin K Merritt has the following 15 expertise
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Urinary Incontinence
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Pain
Dr. Benjamin K Merritt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Benjamin K Merritt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
When your pt, Dr Merritt, calls and tells you that they had to go to another hospital because their water broke early, how about you listen and don't fuss at them for not being in Sanford, and then get rude and hang up the phone on them when they ask for medical records. This baby, after emergency surgery, is now in a large area hospital in critical condition in the NICU. This review is in my name, and I'm telling you that I wouldn't send my annoying neighbors dog to to this clinic....Shameful!
I chose Dr. Merritt after recommendation by family who he had cared for. Had a great experience. Caring bedside manner and very knowledgeable. He patiently addressed all of our concerns and questions. His office staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating to my busy work schedule. I never waited more than 30mins for appointment. It was nice only seeing one doctor throughout our pregnancy and knowing he delivers all his patients. The staff at CCH were wonderful during delivery. He also circumsized our son in his office and did a great job.
First let me start out saying I am a cervical cancer survivor so I've spent countless visits at his office. I felt comfortable with him, but the person in charge of insurance billing SUCKS. I would constantly get bills in the mail saying I owed money, even though I paid my co-pays on the spot. And if you questioned her making a mistake, she was the rudest woman on the face of the planet. Wouldn't even come from behind the desk and speak with you. I got a $400 lab bill in the mail after asking FOUR times if the procedure was covered before agreeing to it. I feel this office is either out for money or really has no clue what they are doing when it comes to insurances.
26 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Benjamin K Merritt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Benjamin K Merritt, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Sanford, NC, in this video.
Dr. Benjamin K Merritt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sanford, NC.