Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benjamin J Osborne has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Benjamin J Osborne has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Benjamin J Osborne has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
This Dr. treated me like an order at McDonalds, in and out. I had loss of vision in one eye that kept occurring and pain in my legs (constant), my GP send me to see a neurologist because of my symptoms, and Dr. Osborne had an opening. I was so disappointed, I explained I had extreme pain in my legs and arms, but he only ordered EMG for arms, no legs. Very upset, I cancelled my follow up and did my research, there are other very good doctors at Georgetown that still care about the well being of their patients.
Saw the doctor after I was given a preliminary diagnosis of non-arteric optic neuropathy by a local opthomologist. Turns out that was a misdiagnosis: what I had was optic nerve damage from glaucoma. It took 8 weeks, a battery of tests, including an mri, and the advice of another doctor, for Dr. Osborne to realize I had glaucoma. Glaucoma is the most common form of optic neuropathy, yet the doctor was unable to diagnose it on his own. Unbelieveable.
17 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Benjamin J Osborne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedstar Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Benjamin J Osborne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.