Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin N Potkin
Dr. Benjamin N Potkin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Aptos, CA, with another office in Santa Cruz, CA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Potkin is affiliated with Watsonville Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Benjamin N Potkin has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I was going to another dr. when he really did not know what was wrong with my heart! Then I went to Dr. Potkin and he new right away what was wrong. He spent a good amount of time with me explaining what was going on and he is sooo kind,and also knows his stuff. I have never had problems with the staff they are all kind and respectful. The t.v. is on for the people in the waiting room. I have never seen the staff watching it. If I have to wait for awhile I know it is because he gives such time and attention to All of his paitients. This man is a wonderful Dr. and I would recommend him to everyone! He even called me at my home!
We would give anything if he was the only Doctor we have to see. He listens, he cares, he treats us both with the best of care and advice. We okay everything that is said or is going to be done to us, by Doctors, with Dr. Potkin right away for his okay. The staff has ALWAYS been friendly and helpful. Our wait time has not been over 15 minutes.
Dr. Potkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1984
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Benjamin N Potkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Benjamin N Potkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aptos, CA.