Have you seen Dr. Benjamin J Raab?

If You Are An Informed Amateur, This Expert's Opinion Is The Only Thing That Matters

Dr. Raab's website says that a doctor should use his wisdom to treat a patient's needs, goals, conditions, and expectations, but what he forgot to add is only if you agree with the treatment he tells you to take. I have a complicated medical case and was advised not to use steroids of any kind, even to treat my skin issues. On the first visit, he seemed open to working with me, but on the second visit, he was not. He insisted that he would only treat me with steroids. When I pushed back and told him I have had other doctors who have been successful with non-steroid treatments and even articles on the internet talk about alternative treatments, he decided that we did not mesh and walked out, refusing to treat me. [I had told him to write the prescriptions for the medications he wanted me to use but that I would have to find a different doctor so after going back and forth with each other, he got mad, took the prescriptions with him and left.] I think he only wanted to use whatever was going to work quickly, however, the quick method would have caused me all types of other health issues but he did not even care about that. Then when I tried to give him feedback that he really should listen to what his patients wanted to do, he told me HE was the doctor so I needed to do what HE said to do. SMH If there was not so much information available about the other options a dermatologist could have used and I had not had other medical treatments that did not include steroids in the past, I might have agreed with him, but regardless of what his experience with numerous other patients might be, there is only ONE ME! He was beyond rude, arrogant, insensitive and did not treat me with any amount of respect simply because he said he was the doctor and I was an amateur...but this amateur has had 17 years of experience with her own skin and immune system, enough to know when a doctor is not even trying to stretch beyond what's easiest for him. He's old enough and experienced enough to know that no two people have to be treated in the same manner and his total dismissal of proven alternative treatments let me know that his claim of treating patients as individuals was nothing more than empty words.

I went to Dr. Raab for a suspicious mark on my arm. Dr. Raab did a thorough exam of my body for other possible suspicious sites. The only one was on my are to which he scheduled surgery to have it removed, and sent to the lab. It did come back as positive for Melanoma. He then scheduled a second surgery as is normal practive to remove a little more from the area to make sure there was nothing spreading. All is good!

very unhappy

Does not listen to patient

Going to the doctor is fun???

Dr. Raab has a wonderful staff of super friendly, helpful young ladies. It is actually fun going to the doctor. Of course the super friendly staff includes Dr. Raab. I am grateful to him for recommending electrolytes with his nurse, Linda Newman. Linda is very good at what she does and the fee is minimal. Has she saved me money??? Oh yes. Waxing at a salon costs so much more. My family began seeing Dr. Raab in 1983. Try him.

very professional

Dr. Raab has been very professional and I trust him.

Always helpful

Always helpful and care toward your patients. You are very honest with what to do next. You made me very comfortable, and the staff was great. I will enjoy coming gain.

I had a mole under the left side of my chin. I was very self-conscious about it. I came to Dr. Raab to have the mole removed. Its totally gone now and I feel so much better about my appearance. Thank you, Dr. Raab for making me feel so much better about myself.

Thanks

Thanks for taking time to talk to me about AFT. I was a little afraid to try, but now I’m so glad I listened to you. I can see results after 5 days. I can’t wait for my next treatment! Thanks.

Dr. Raab has an intuitive

Dr. Raab has an intuitive ability to analyze your face to suggest, recommend and implement the best overall rejuvenating treatment. His professional wisdom and guidance is invaluable when making aesthetic decisions.

I have been a patient

I have been a patient of Dr. Raab’s for over 10 years while his practice was still in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago. I continue to travel now to his Naperville practice because for me, the choice is clear, I trust Dr. Raab’s credentials, his work ethic, medical expertise and personal integrity.

Definitely Recommend Him

After going to various Dr’s from University of Chicago to local Drs for 10 years with minimal results, I came to Dr. Raab. In one visit he diagnosed the problem. I was given a shot and medication. The problem was cleared up immediately. I would most definitely recommend him to friends and family members.

Do not see this man!

Dr. Benjamin Raab has an aloof, uncaring bedside manner and is not up-to-date with the latest techniques. I should have received the first clue when walking through the door and meeting his unfriendly, snooty receptionist. Get ready to surrender your credit card for them to make a copy of it (I did not). The entire experience was unsettling. I felt like I was barbarically tortured when he burned several skin abnormalities (literally a flame coming from his instrument) without allowing ample time for the local anesthetic to work. Receiving the anesthetic in multiple areas (via injection) was painful enough, but rushing in and not giving it time to numb was uncalled for. "Hey Doc, Emla cream is just a suggestion, but Laser is even better." Shame on me for allowing him to continue his "treatment" and not stopping it and leaving immediately. He never did fully finish what was agreed upon. He quoted a price and did not fulfill the agreed upon obligation. He kept on saying "are we done?" Um, I still have one here and there, I stated. He could not be bothered from the get-go. His skin assessment was not thorough and I had to point out areas of concern that I had, to him. He focused more on selling me treatments and didn't show any interest in assessing. I suggest he modernize his practice with the techniques that don't promote such excruciating pain and scarring. But perhaps even better, I suggest he retires, as he appears burned out and weary, with dread posted all over his face. He's a charlatan, at best. "SHOW ME THE MONEY," is his mantra. You have been warned.

Dr. Benjamin J Raab is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Aurora, IL.