Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benjamin W Raatjes has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Jacobi and the psychiatrist especially Dr. Rat-jes should have the state investigate this group . This white doctor is prejudice against minorities and talks down to patients. He is too busy trying to be a police officer and working with NYPD to go undercover and capture drug dealers selling K2 instead of helping patients. Somebody please go and secretly investigate this doctor and get him out of our community hospital.
I did not lime his bedside manner i request to talk to him about my fisgnosis and he had me wait 7 hrs and left only to have a social worker explain my diagnosis and admit me to inpatient mental health floor. I will never go to see this doctor again. I think he was a resident he didnt seem to know what he was doing. I ask for a sandwich and he refused to fed me
Worse person I ever met I don't think he has a license. He is too stupid and stupid looking. He sounds like a girl and looks like Ronald McDonald. Who ever had him should have aborted that waste of life. I would never take my loved on to see that mindless joke of a so call physician I think he is a social worker diagnosis mental illness
9 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2009
Rush University Medical Center
Dr. Benjamin W Raatjes accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJacobi Medical Center, 1400 Pelham Pkwy S, Bronx, NY
Dr. Benjamin W Raatjes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.