Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benjamin J Rhee has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Rhee is a superb physician. He has outstanding patient care skills and is concerned not only with the patient but also family members who may be involved. I have been treated by him multiple times with heart arrythmia conditions over several years including medications, cardioversions and ablations. I have found him to be well versed in the relevant medical literature on methods and options of treatment and superbly skilled in performing electrophysiology treatment procedures.
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Benjamin J Rhee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrbana Main Campus, 602 W University Ave, Urbana, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Benjamin J Rhee in this video.
Dr. Benjamin J Rhee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Urbana, IL.