Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin R Trotter
Dr. Benjamin R Trotter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hilton Head Island, SC. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Trotter is affiliated with Hilton Head Regional Medical Center. Dr. Trotter has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Benjamin R Trotter has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Benjamin R Trotter has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Benjamin R Trotter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 7
First, this practice takes a very personal approach to managing their patients. The entire staff is familiar with my health issues and my family. As life moves along, we have health issues that can range far beyond the common cold. This is the only medical practice I have known that has the capacity to adapt and excel in care that is as simple or as complex as the situation warrants. Dr Trotter is not only a fine man, but an excellent physician as well with a considerable resource base for referrals to other medical resources, when needed.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Trotter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Benjamin R Trotter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Benjamin R Trotter
My goal is to manage and anticipate your unique healthcare needs. As an MDVIP-affiliated doctor, I will partner with you on a personal level to help you achieve the optimal health we all value. We will closely collaborate on what it takes to stay on the path to wellness. You will feel welcomed by the relaxed, individualized attention you will receive from everyone in our office.
Locations & DirectionsHILTON HEAD REGIONAL HEALTHCARE, 18 Hospital Center Blvd, Hilton Head Island, SC
Dr. Benjamin R Trotter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hilton Head Island, SC.