Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Benjamin M Weinberg
Dr. Benjamin M Weinberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laguna Hills, CA, with another office in Laguna Hills, CA. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Weinberg is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills and Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. Dr. Weinberg has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Benjamin M Weinberg has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gallbladder inflammation (Cholecystitis)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Abdominal Pain
- Crohn's Disease
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Intestinal Diseases (Duodenal Diseases)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Hepatitis B
Showing 5 of 42
Dr. Weinberg is very nice, knowledgeable and efficient; he felt he could help resolve my digestive issues. His staff was great and I loved that I never had to wait long for an appointment. However, after about a year, I was not doing much better. One day, I called the office to report that I was having trouble with a particular medication. Elizabeth, his assistant, returned my call, telling me that the doctor was running out of options. I wish that he had told me this himself during an office visit.
I highly recommend Dr. Weinberg. There are two sides to patient-care: medical and human. Dr. Weinberg possesses both. Obviously, he is technically skilled. In addition, he provides a comfortable environment, listens, is patient, and answers all my questions. His is also very personable and quite funny. Recently, Dr. Weinberg went above the call of duty. He provided samples of a medication that literally saved me $550.00. Elizabeth will also take good care of you. They make a good team. Hopefully, Dr. Weinberg teaches. All doctors need to understand patient-centric medicine. Dr. Weinberg is a great example.
In my opinion, Dr. Weinberg is a most compassionate doctor and an expert in his field. Also, his educational resume is exceptional. I had the best experience for my last colonoscopy I have ever had.. The entire staff was terrific.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Weinberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Benjamin M Weinberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Benjamin M Weinberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Hills, CA.