Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bennett Penn
Dr. Bennett Penn, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA, with another office in San Francisco, CA. He has 7 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Penn is affiliated with UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals. He speaks English.
Dr. Bennett Penn has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Penn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
7 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Bennett Penn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bennett Penn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.