Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bennett W Yu has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Breast Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Showing 5 of 17
First, he arrived at the clinic 45 minutes after the time of the appointment and had not yet read any of the medical reports about my case. In a few minutes upon arrival, popped in to the medical exam room to ask one or two questions, then let us know he was going to study/read my medical history and previous tests and prognoses for my case. Another 45 minutes passed, he came in, was in a hurry, asked some more questions, and left to read more. He was focused on radiation for a different part of my body, which is not what I came for; I needed chemo only. He raised his voice more than once when I could not hear. He really was not focused on any information I supplied, and kept going on a different tangent.
I was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. Two other oncologists send me to other doctors/hospitals for second opinions because they "did not know how to treat" my cancer. Dr. Yu took my case and through some tough chemo, arrested the cancer. I am now in remission and would not be here without him. Knowledgeable, caring, honest and no window dressing - he tells it like it is, and includes you in every treatment decision. If I could give him 10 starts I would.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Locations & DirectionsDanville Emergency Physicians Pc, 142 S Main St, Danville, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bennett W Yu in this video.
Dr. Bennett W Yu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, VA.