Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bennett G Zier
Dr. Bennett G Zier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Zier is affiliated with St Francis Memorial Hospital and California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Bennett G Zier has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
Showing 4 of 4
My mother was in rehab and he was her doctor. The day she checked in, he removed all restrictions on fluids, despite my concerns. He also decided weekly monitoring would be sufficient - spoiler alert: it wasn't. He dismissed all my concerns, and retaliated against my mother, telling her - while I was out of the room - that she needed to accept her limitations in good grace. I told her she didn't need to accept his limitations. While waiting for the ambulance to take my mother back to hospital because her sodium levels were critically low, he told me she should have been seen by a urologist. That proved he hadn't even bothered to check her medical records, because she had been under the care of a urologist, who had ordered the fluid restrictions he discontinued. He also brought other doctors into her room during rounds, without introducing them or explaining their presence. Incompetent, dangerous, and arrogant.
Dr. Zier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1971
Erie County Medical Center
Dr. Bennett G Zier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsZier & Maeck Imds, 2250 Hayes St Ste 205, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Bennett G Zier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.