Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Benny G Chu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Benny G Chu has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 22
I visited the office in west orange. This was my first time with this doctor and I had a TERRIBLE experience. The front staff complained the entire time stating how they did not want to come in to work today. Their frustration, unprofessionalism, and regret was displayed in their attitude. Their customer service, friendliness, and professionalism went out the window with every patient interaction. When it came to me, the same disgustingly rude attitude was directed towards me. Finally after waiting for so long, someone finally came out and called me to go to the back room to see the doctor. As I walked pass the front staff, they made mean and nasty comments about me. I'm assuming they thought I was behind the door already but I heard every rude and insensitive comment that was made towards me. I was and still am insulted. And already knew from that point, I WOULD/WILL NEVER come back to this office again. When I finally saw Dr Benny Chu, he rushed the entire appointment by the speed of which he was talking and his body language. He gave me a few things to get done. He did not give me a chance to ask any questions or talk about any problems I was having because his hand was on the door knob half way out the door. When I came out, I was left with the same rude staff. They shoved me some papers and dismissed me from there. Terrible. I was not treated like a person. Never again.
Dr. Chu is wonderful doctor. He clearly cares about his patients and it shows. He is professional, yet very kind. He does not make you feel rushed or pushed out of the office. He is soft spoken and allows you to ask questions and speak. He is an advocate for prevention and spends time explaining in detail...he has a clean, friendly office ans a staff that really cares!
22 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Benny G Chu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrashant N Pandya MD, 449 Mount Pleasant Ave Ste 1, West Orange, NJ
Dr. Benny G Chu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Orange, NJ.