Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Berestrand W Williams
Dr. Berestrand W Williams, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Internal Medicine. Dr. Williams is affiliated with Palisades Medical Center. Dr. Williams has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Berestrand W Williams has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 17
Two consecutive appointments I have been kept waiting for nearly an hour -- first time 45 minutes, second time 55 minutes. This doctor has shown himself to be prone to the worst sort of professional greed, as he's very fond of overbooking and thus tremendously inconsiderate of his patients' time. He may be a decent doctor overall, but unless you enjoy waiting for an hour or more for each scheduled appointment, for which you take the trouble to show up on time, than I strongly suggest you seek another doctor who has mastered the art of actually keeping appointments.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Williams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Boston City Hospital
Dr. Berestrand W Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJeanne D Travis Md, 226 W 14th St, New York, NY
Dr. Berestrand W Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.