Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bernadette M Brown has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Bernadette M Brown has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Bernadette M Brown has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bernadette M Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Brown has been my doctor since I was born. She is amazing in making me feel hopeful and loved. She does her best to make sure you have what you need, even if you have difficulties affording medications. She has taken me in a few times outside of work hours, and makes it really easy to meet with her. I recommend her for anyone in need.
This doctor started out ok, but since I have a child with numerous medical issues, we were there often. She would make us return over and over, paying our copay each time. When my daughter was hospitalized, she would show up late at night (11 pm) and would keep us there days longer than necessary. Chewed me out one night for working part time and attempting to go to school. In front of my child, suggested I have her committed because "she doesn't know anything. Look at her just sitting there." My child was crying, I was crying and the hospital nursing staff was outraged! This woman is cruel and uncaring! Also diagnosed my child as mentally retarded with no testing whatsoever! Thankfully, we moved away and now have a wonderful, caring doctor who would never treat us with such disrespect.
She likes to make you think everything is the worst case possible. She keep asking us to come back for follow-ups, co-pay after co-pay. We thought something was really wrong. Cold and allergies was it. Prescribed my infant 30 days of antibiotics for a cold. 30 days....REALLY!! "Forgot" some of her 12 months immunizations. Diagnosed 2 of my kids with pink eye because we told here they had a little goop in their eyes one morning. $50 each for meds. Neither had pink eye.
39 Years Experience
Universitat Zu Koeln
Graduated in 1979
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Dr. Bernadette M Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBernadette M Brown Md, 1050 Meadows Dr Ste 307, Round Rock, TX
Dr. Bernadette M Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Round Rock, TX.