Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bernard R Cavazos Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Bernard R Cavazos Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Bernard R Cavazos Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I made an appt and was scheduled almost immediately. Found an issue on my pap and did more tests ASAP--so far so good. At surgical consult he was so busy telling me about his various seats on boards and how great he was and how he could deal with anything I could not get a word in edgewise. Went home, looked him up, and he IS great--just has an attitude--so I proceeded. Went in to sign presurgical paperwork with an assistant and pointed out some flaws in it (prescribed meds I am allergic to for presurgery, surgery was scheduled for afternoon and I am insulin dependant diabetic so can not go from midnight til 6pm without food or meds to regulate my sugars, etc) The assistant told me I HAD to take those meds and the surgery could NOT be rescheduled. I asked them to see the doc to get a different script and to book on a different day so I could be first and not impact my diabetes. They wanted to schedule me for another presurgical consult and charge me again! Told them no way--just had one last week--nothing had changed, and if the doc wanted to actually listen to me this time it was on his dime--the appt would be free. They grumbled but booked it. They called me 2 hours before the appt and said the doc was called to the hospital, so I said ok and to reschedule. They said the doc had told them it did not make any difference if I rescheduled or not, because I was "non-compliant!" I told them he was running a cookie cutter operation and I was not a cookie and it was just too bad if I was not a standard patient. In 2 days I got a letter stating that as I had not followed their recommendations that I should seek another GYN within 30 days. I went to get my records and they charged me $25 for them--when I obviously needed them and it was at their request! I got a second opinion and the surgery was coordinated with my endocrinologist and pulmonoligist and I am great now. I do not think that taking a medication I am allergic to is "non-compliant" and I am in the process of turning him in to every agency I can think of. My new GYN even gave me a list of agencies to contact! If you want to have a reaction to meds you are allergic to, or want a pre existing condition to be thrown off--he is your guy. If you want someone to treat the patient as a whole and not done with a rubber stamp go ANYWHERE else first!
40 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1978
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Bernard R Cavazos Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOak Hills Womens Center Pa, 9639 Huebner Rd, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Bernard R Cavazos Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.