Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bernard J Farnand
Dr. Bernard J Farnand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Farnand is affiliated with Rochester General Hospital. Dr. Farnand has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bernard J Farnand has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Farnand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Rochester General Hospital
Dr. Bernard J Farnand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUnity Faculty Partners, 1561 Long Pond Rd Ste 206, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bernard J Farnand in this video.
Dr. Bernard J Farnand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.