Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bernard Forget
Dr. Bernard Forget, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Haven, CT. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Forget is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine (primary and West Haven VA Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Bernard Forget has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Erythroblastic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Congenital Hemolytic Anemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hemolytic Anemia
- Hepatitis C
- Hypochromic Anemia
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Spherocytosis, Hereditary
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Forget is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Yale University School of Medicine (primary
West Haven VA Hospital
West Haven VA Hospital, West Haven CT
51 Years Experience
Mcgill University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1962
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Bernard Forget accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions800 Howard Ave, New Haven, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bernard Forget in this video.
Dr. Bernard Forget is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.