Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bernard G Taylor has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bernard G Taylor has the following 7 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Dr. Bernard G Taylor has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bernard G Taylor is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
My problem with Dr. Taylor is that in his consultation on my sleep apnea test in Springh Valley he gave me no choice in where I would get my cpap machine (as, I am told, the law requires) but told me his assistant would call and tell me where to go. She directed me to a company in Streator, some fifty miles from my home in Princeton. There is a medical supply house in Spring Valley next door to the Hospital where I met with Dr. Taylor. The place in Streator was surprised I was there, but said they get a lot of referrals from Taylor and the folks in Spring Valley were not happy when I called to see if they provided the service. Taylor's assistant was flummoxed and clearly defensive and embarrassed when I called her on it. Draw your own conclusions, but I think something hinky is going on.
I can't blame anyone for taking a vacation. Whatever you can afford, but this was the second time in 8 years he had vanashed with knowbody to put their thumbprint of approval on the new test and get me sleeping again! Waited 3 weeks. Very cruel!!! I have a type of bone cancer and needed my machines pressure adjusted because of weight lose. Adjusted from 10 to 8 was all. A three week vacation with zip help is a shame. At 69 go on a perminent vacation. Get a young hungry Doctor that has some courtesy!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
49 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Bernard G Taylor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentral Illinois Pulmonary & Critical Care Associates, 5401 N Knoxville Ave Ste 220, Peoria, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bernard G Taylor in this video.
Dr. Bernard G Taylor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, IL.