Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bernard Patten has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Psychology
A psychologist is someone who specializes in the study of the mind, as well as human behavior. Psychologists sometimes focus on certain types of people or certain age ranges. Commonly you might find a child psychologist, school psychologist or clinical psychologist to name a few. There are many reasons why someone would see a psychologist including PTSD, issues with self esteem, OCD, alcoholism, ADD and more.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Patten is the neurologist you want to see when no one can figure out what is wrong with you. He is not only extremely knowledgeable about neurology and how it workss in our body; he has the uncanny ability to think outside the box when it comes to diagnosing disorders with unusual stymptoms. He was my neurologist for more than 15 years and I even went to Houston to see him after I moved to California, as I trusted no one else. Often such brilliance can be a threat to those less so, and it is unfortunate that he chose to retire early to persue other interests rather than have to continually defend himself against other less creative, less talented professionals in both government health and even his own profession. Interestingly enough, many of the research discoveries and claims Dr. Patten made and were challenged back in the early 90's are now being revisted and reinvestigated by those same people or entitites. He was truly the next Cotzias of Neurology.
I was correctly diagnosed with this neuromuscular disease in 1977 by Doctor Patten. I was 30 years old, worked full time, had a 10 year old son, husband--but was so tired most of the time. My local physicians were at a loss to what was wrong. After Doctor Patten's treatment was completed, I was nearly a new person--although there is not a CURE, he was the premiere authority on myasthenia gravis (MG) and I am a living example of his expertise. I was delighted to read his book,"Cruising Around the World on the QE2", proving he has certainly excelled as an author, also.
47 Years Experience
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Bernard Patten accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bernard Patten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seabrook, TX.