Dr. Bernard A Rawlins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bernard A Rawlins?

Failed back surgery

Failed back surgery - went back to Dr Rawlins with concerns due to pain, muscle spasms and ongoing ( back, and now neck) issues after having surgery performed by him only to have a conversation with the Dr to be full of arrogance, lack of empathy and no bedside manner. HORRIBLE - DECREASED QUALITY OF LIFE after having surgery performed by him.

As a very accomplished doctor ,Dr Rawlins has kept his human side intact

knows his stuff

I ve been dealing with chronic back pain and told to have surgery by doctors that only looked at an MRI. Dr. Rawlins reviewed my exam sent me to see a neurologist and made sure he covered all bases before confirming or negating surgery. The spine is something you don't just jump onto a table. I am eternally grateful for his time and treatment.

The best of the best

Brilliant. Three surgeons told me surgery. Dr Rawlins spent some time reviewing and recommended spine specific rehab at a facility near me. In 8 weeks I was pain free. A caring and expert surgeon.

I have seen Dr B. Rawlings once so far in the Paramus, NJ outpatient office, for a consultation, for the 2nd opinion. Very professional doctor. Answered my questions clearly. I did not feel rushed. Everything he said made sense to me. I am considering surgery (low back, spine) strongly. Dr. Rawlings sent me for a new MRI (and explained why it is needed) and then I will see him again. On the "bedside manners"... Some people think that if a doctor takes a long time to speak with them and holds their hand all along, and smiles a lot; and goes off to other topics... it is good bedside manners... I do not. The time of this doctor is valuable and he is a surgeon - not a therapist. I am satisfied with how he talked to me, explained things, and very quickly zeroed down on the right things in the sea of info I provided. A word about the Paramus facility: it is extraordinary. Excellent experience from the minute you walk in. Fantastic staff, highly efficient.

3 level ACDF - happy with results so far

I had been having increasingly worse symptoms and saw Dr Rawlins as a second opinion to a surgeon in NJ. Nothing against the closer surgeon, but I felt Dr. Rawlins had a sense of professionalism (no nonsense, no sugar coating or joking around), which could be viewed as bad bedside manner, but I wasn't looking for a friend, I was looking for a surgeon who would help me get better. I am about 3 weeks post surgery. Symptoms are resolving and I have no complaints with the results.

Amazing Doctor

First off I would like to say I'm appalled at the person who rephrased their negative review of Dr.Rawlins over and over again on here. Did you even go to the same doctor as me? Doctor Rawlins is by far the best. He was very explanatory about my diagnosis, gave me a full range of options and made sure I understood each of them, and his suggestive method of treatment. As well as the after effects of each options and what I would be able to do/not do depending on the route I choose. You may be in the waiting room a lot longer than expected, but he is certainly worth the wait.

unprofessional

This doctor was sadly, unprofessional, inaccurate in his diagnosis as surgery would later demonstrate ,lacking in empathy and full of arrogance.,

Horrible Consultation - waste of time...

This doctor was unprofessional, condescending and didn't bother to take me seriously. I left there wasting 5 hours commute to NYC & he told me I had a muscle sprain. I since saw another spinal surgeon and neurologist who concluded there is something wrong .

An amazing man and doctor

Dr Rawlins performed back surgery on me after the original surgery I had was a nightmare. Prior to this surgery I had zero quality of life and was taking Oxy's like they were candy for the pain. Dr Rawlins gave me my life back. He was very upfront and honest about the risk and the fact that he was confident that he could help me. In addition he assisted me with coming off the drugs i was taking for 2 yrs. Not only do I have my life back but I am also drug free. Dr Rawlins is a Saint that walks amongst us and I owe him everything for what did for me.

Great experience

I can only say positive things about this man. I was quickly sent for testing and diagnosed. My surgery was explained in terms that were understandable to me.I have healed very well. My only complaint- I was never told about the collar that I would have to wear for weeks post op

Positive experience

My experience with Dr. Ratlins was only positive. I felt from my first visit that he was extremely competent. He took a conservative medical approach to my treatment and th

Dr. Bernard A Rawlins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stamford, CT.