Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bernard E Shair
Dr. Bernard E Shair, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hollywood, FL, with another office in Pembroke Pines, FL. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Shair is affiliated with Memorial Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Bernard E Shair has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Shair is arrogant and inconsiderate. I had an appointment and due to the heavy traffic getting into the parking garage at Memorial I ended up being 30 minutes late instead of 5. After signing in I was called to the desk and informed that I would be forced to reschedule because of my being late. I asked the staff member that if the roles were reversed what would be my recourse. This doctor feels that my time isn't as worthy as his and doesn't feel patients deserve the same courtesy as he gets. We need to stop letting these doctors treat patients as less than they are. It should be a two way street.
Dr. Shair is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Jackson Health System
Dr. Bernard E Shair accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bernard E Shair in this video.
Dr. Bernard E Shair is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.