Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bernardo Lucena
Dr. Bernardo Lucena, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Crown Point, IN, with other offices in Chicago, IL and Crown Point, IN . He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lucena is affiliated with Methodist Hospitals Northlake, St Anthony Medical Center and Methodist Hospitals Inc Southlake. Dr. Lucena has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bernardo Lucena has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 49
I have never met a Doctor who is so thorough in my care, no matter what the issue is. He spends so much time at each appointment with me and never rushes me out on the days I have 50 questions. He makes sure I understand each and every test result, and what the next step will be in my care. It is so trusting, to me, to have someone who cares about his patient more than about his pocketbook, unlike so many Doctors who schedule people every 10 minutes and treat people like a "number", rather than a patient. He has been my physician for 15 years, and I will never change Doctors due to his extremely excellent care.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lucena is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Methodist Hospitals Northlake
St Anthony Medical Center
Methodist Hospitals Inc Southlake
Franciscan St. Anthony Health Crown Point
Methodist Hospital - Northlake Campus
Franciscan St. Anthony CP
St Anthony Hospital
SistersSt Francis Health Services
40 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1973
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bernardo Lucena is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Crown Point, IN.