Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bernardo Ng has the following 3 specialties
- Psychosomatic Medicine
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Bernardo Ng has the following 14 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Bernardo Ng has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bernardo Ng is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I've been having thoughts of suicide. Yesterday was really bad. I wanted help and had an appt with NG today. I went. They gave me this "clock" test. I didn't do it, because I just couldn't think. Then after an hour he rushes in. Starts asking away. I answered as best as I could. He got mad because I couldn't remember things. Then he turns it around and accuses me of being angry. Which then did make me angry I apologized for not remembering things that happened in high school and walked out. NG doesn't care about you. Don't waste time or money.
I went to him only once. He was rather dismissive and pompous. I think he took longer in writing the medication pills than listening to my health symptoms. He gave me three prescriptions. I asked how he knew those were right and just looked at me and said "I'm a Dr.". Yeah no kidding sir. I'm the patient and I was just looking for some reassurance on drugs that have been known to cause addiction and bad side effects. I just wanted to know what to expect. These psychiatrists don't really care about the patient. They only care about the cash.
I've never written a review for a doctor before, but I was so dissatisfied with my experience that I thought I would warn others not to waste their time and money on Dr Ng. He spent no more than 10 minutes during my initial visit and I walked away with little more than a prescription for a drug that gave me bad side effects. I came back a week later to discuss my issues and he was dismissive, unhelpful and irritable with me. You can tell he's never been personally afflicted with mental health issues because he has no compassion for his patients. I would never recommend him to a loved one.
Dr. Ng is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Bernardo Ng accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsSun Valley Behavioral Medical Center, 2417 Marshall Ave Ste 1, Imperial, CA
Dr. Bernardo Ng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Imperial, CA.