Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bernd W Schmidt has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I had a horrible experience with this doctor. First of all the door to the office was locked with one patient already standing outside waiting. When the nurse/receptionist finally showed up 10-15 minutes later she apologized saying she was stuck at UPS. She should have apologized and said there is no excuse, because that was not ok. By that time there were three people waiting. Which showed that they were way over booked. My appointment was at 2:15. I wasn't seen until 2:45-3. I wasn't given the paperwork to fill out until 10 minutes after I got into the office. Second of all their walls are extremely thin! I could hear the nurse explain in detail to the patient before me how to give a clean urine sample, then about a minute later I could clearly hear him peeing in the room next to the waiting room. I was repulsed. Thirdly, once I was finally in the appointment after waiting about an hour to get a room and have the doctor come in, the doctor was more interested in my intercourse life with my fiance. I understand you should ask a certain amount of questions but he pushed it to the point that I was starting to feel harassed. He asked frequency, how much I want to, who initiates it (then promptly stared at my fiances crotch), asked if I am forced into intercourse, and more, but the one question he didn't ask was if we used protection. It isn't an issue, we do, but I felt that was more relevant than the others. I was waiting for him to ask who is on top. None of these questions however had anything to do with why I was there. And lastly, when asked to put my gown on I waited a good 30 minutes before I heard him in the hall way chatting up another patient. I then got irritated and left because nothing about this appointment was OK. I was pushed over the edge. To add to all of this the office was DISGUSTING. My gown looked used, the ground looked like someone peed on it, there were two huge holes in the wall, and scary machines that looked like they were from the 80's. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!
The waits for the appointments were horribly long. I had the first appointment after lunch and after waiting for an hour, he still had not even made it to the office. He was my doctor on duty when hospitalized. Calls from the nurses to him regarding my pain medication were not answered in a timely manner. He does know how to properly read CT scans, much better than the radiologists on duty at the hospital.
49 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Christiana Care Health System
Dr. Bernd W Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBernd W Schmidt Md, 5565 W Las Positas Blvd Ste 210, Pleasanton, CA
Dr. Bernd W Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pleasanton, CA.