Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Berta M Guerra MD
Dr. Berta M Guerra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hialeah, FL. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology, Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Dr. Berta M Guerra has the following 4 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Berta M Guerra has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
Dr. Berta M Guerra is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I am a patient of Dra Guerra, I am a Citrus patient since 1999.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Berta M Guerra - Posted on June 13th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Berta M Guerra - Posted on April 27th, 2010
36 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Este (Uce)
Graduated in 1983
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Berta M Guerra Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Berta M Guerra's office for more information.
4175 W 20th Ave Hialeah, FL : (305) 825-0300
Locations & DirectionsCITRUS HEALTH NETWORK INC, 4175 W 20th Ave, Hialeah, FL
Dr. Berta M Guerra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hialeah, FL.