Dr. Bertram T Matsumoto Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bertram T Matsumoto?

Questionable !

Wait times are too long, staff and doctor not very personable. Doctor visabky uncomfortable when I asked questions about his procedures and medication. He kept scheduling follow up appointments for tests but never gave clear answers on the results. I question his tactics !

knows what he's doing

Excellent

An outstanding ophthalmologist and practice!

Perfect vision

I sincerely thank Dr. Matsumoto for his gentleness, professionalism, knowledge and expertise in taking away my cataracts...In August, he gave me 20/20 vision. I would recommend him to everyone.

absoultely the best. The whole staff are friendly & on top of everything.

Dr. Matsumoto performed cataract surgery on both my eyes in late 2012. I had to wait two months for an initial appointment, but found it worth the wait. Dr. Matsumoto was very thorough, answered my questions., and I felt reassured that I could trust him with my eyesight. The surgery went very well, I had almost no discomfort, there were no complications, and the improvement in my vision was dramatic. I saw him for several follow-up visits, but unfortunately, due to insurance changes, I cannot no longer see him.

Top Doc in my opinion

This is the THIRD opthamologist I have seen and I have what is considered to be premium insurance. No co-pays, no referrals, etc. I have never had an issue with my eyes until I had what seemed liked pink eye, then the problem became worse. After a prescribed antibiotic it initially cleared up my vision was blurred along with a number of other problems. The other 2 doctors performed perfunctory eye tests and both told me I had "dry eye". Dr. Matsumoto was the ONLY doctor who took the time to do additional exams, ask in depth questions regarding my general health which lead him to believe I had Sjogrens Syndrome. I don't know why the other 2 doctors overlooked the light sensitivity along with all the other symptoms and failed to even run the basic test. I am now seeing a Rheumatologist and getting the necessary follow up rather than just continuing with blurred vision and using eye drops as prescribed by the other docs. I agree his staff leaves much to be desired; but the physician himself is first rate.

Worth the Wait

My appointments are usually at the end of the day, and I don't mind waiting because I know the reason that my appointment has been delayed is because Dr. Matsumoto has given each of his patients before me quality service and that I shall receive the same. The office staff are always friendly and courteous.

Exam is mostly done by medically unqualified technician. The Docotor did little and didn't seem interested in the patient care.

My Compliments To Dr Matsumoto

I have been a type 1 diabetic for 43 yrs and my primary ophthalmologist for the last ten yrs has been Dr Matsumoto, who in my opinion is an excellent ophthalmologist and has given my diabetic eyes excellent care over the past ten yrs. In the last two mths Dr Matsumoto has performed delicate cataract removal and Alcon Toric lens implants in both of my eyes which has corrected my very bad astigmatism and has made my uncorrected vision better than it has ever been at 20/25. My compliments and thank you to Dr Matsumoto and his excellent staff who carefully, accurately and thoroughly made the correct diagnosis and measurements for the Toric lens implants that has given me the best uncorrected vision possible.

Gret Doctor, HORRIBLE STAFF!

Dr. Matsumoto is fantastic, unfortunately, his office staff, including his assistants, are completely incompetent. Worse, it's impossible to get in touch with Dr. Matsumoto unless you are sitting in his office (and have a scheduled appointment). The wait times are terrible, the staff is rude and no one - other than Dr. Matsumoto - seems to have any clue on how to deal with something as simple as a contact! And, forget about getting your call returned!

Very professional ... a top Doc in Phoenix and well respected by his peers.