Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bertram Pitt
Dr. Bertram Pitt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ann Arbor, MI. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pitt is affiliated with CS Mott Children's Hospital, University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers and University of Michigan Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Bertram Pitt has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Pitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CS Mott Children's Hospital
University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
University of Michigan Health System
54 Years Experience
Graduated in 1959
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Bertram Pitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCS Mott Children's Hospital, 1540 E Hospital Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Bertram Pitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.