Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bertram L Smith III
Dr. Bertram L Smith III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Methodist Richardson Medical Center, Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock and Baylor Hamilton Heart Vascular Hospital. Dr. Smith has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bertram L Smith III has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Malformations
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Diabetes Complications
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
Showing 1 of 1
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1974
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Bertram L Smith III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Vascular Associates Pa, 621 N Hall St Ste 100, Dallas, TX
Dr. Bertram L Smith III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.