Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert Bertrando has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Seen dr a couple of times in er and both were terrible experiences. One of the times I was having pain in lower left abdomen. He said a cyst on my ovary looks like it may be twisting (which can be very dangerous) and sent me in an ambulance to another hospital. When I got there his report stated there was no evidence of torsion so that was a wasted $2,000 trip. The next time I was 6 months pregnant with difficulty breathing and coughing. He diagnosed me with anxiety and sent me home. In the mean time I've had this bronchial infection for about 2 and 1/2 weeks. Will have to see another dr.
This patient will take whatever means necessary not to go to this doctor. He has the worst bedside manner. He is horrible regarding patient, doctor relationships. He would not even take an X-ray of an injury with swelling, audible crack/pop, pain. He did nothing to take measures to relieve the pain. He is probably the worst doctor I have ever encountered in the medical field.
Dr. Bertrando is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Humboldt General Hospital
36 Years Experience
University of California at San Diego
Graduated in 1977
University Medical Center
Dr. Robert Bertrando accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Bertrand Bertrando MD, 12625 Roseview Ln, Reno, NV
Dr. Robert Bertrando is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.