Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bertrand Ross
Dr. Bertrand Ross, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Ross is affiliated with Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp and Chesapeake Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Bertrand Ross has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Ross was wonderful with our daughter. He understood her condition and was able to treat it appropriately. She went from fainting 3-4 times a week, with 24 hour headaches that followed each episode to not fainting in several years. He also participated in the miracle of our 16 year old friend, Jesse, who dropped dead on the baseball field and was brought back without brain damage. Dr. Ross I am grateful for you. You are a good egg!
Dr. Ross is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
Sentara Leigh Hospital
Children's Hospital/King's Daughters
Sentara Bayside Hospital
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Sentara Obici Hospital
Sentara Careplex Hospital
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital
36 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Bertrand Ross accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions601 Childrens Ln, Norfolk, VA
Dr. Bertrand Ross is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.