Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Beshara N Helou has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Beshara N Helou has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Helou is very down to earth and easy to talk to about any issues I may have. He talks to me as an equal and no question is unanswered. He respects my input about the direction I want to go with my healthcare and helps me figure alternatives when necessary. I have only had a couple of doctors that I have been this comfortable with and I have recommended him to friends. It is important to note that his staff is very friendly and helpful which adds to the level of comfort I have visiting his office.
They are the most uncareing practice my husband and I have ever been associated with. My husband is a disable American Veteran with several complaints that needed immediate attention. Rita sent him in for xrays even after she saw how bad his condition was she still refused to treat the problem. She put my husband on a medication, he told her that it was not working and all she keep telling him with each visit was to continue to take the same medication. She also would not help me either her bedside manner was terriable. The girls at the front told my husband that they have complants about her all the time. My husband tried to see Dr. Helou to see if he would help him but he was no better this is the worst practice we have ever experienced. When we requested our records to transfer to a new docter they refused to release them to us. Our advice is to stay as far away from this practice as you possibly can....
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Beshara N Helou accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsGeorgetown Medical Associates Llc, 20930 Dupont Blvd Unit 101, Georgetown, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Beshara N Helou in this video.
Dr. Beshara N Helou is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Georgetown, DE.