Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Beth A Jenkins
Dr. Beth A Jenkins, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Jenkins is affiliated with Keystone Anesthesia Consultants Ltd and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital. Dr. Jenkins has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Beth A Jenkins has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Very caring and compassionate. She listens to you and doesn't dismiss you. I would suggest trying Dr. Jenkins if other doctors have not been able to help you in the past. She looks to treat the cause of your problems not the symptoms. I feel healthier and better than ever because of Dr. Jenkins. She is excellent.
i truly can't say enough good things about dr. jenkins. she takes her time, she really listens. she asks great questions, and she doesnt repeat the same questions over and over, as many docs do who are not listening. she seems to be sincere in regards to caring for her patients and she has a sharp memory. she is extremely thorough and is not afraid to say she is, "not sure." she will often encourage second opinions and she makes sure that she is sending you to proper specialist and a doc that your personallity will match with. i love this doctor. if i had an issues it would be with the staff. most of the girls in the front end can be short, which may just reflect being busy, but i think they could work on being a little kinder with their actions and words.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2011, 2015, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Jenkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Beth A Jenkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPittsburgh Internal Medicine Associates, 3754 Library Rd, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Beth A Jenkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.