Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Beth M Melin-Perel
Dr. Beth M Melin-Perel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Hills, CA, with another office in Agoura Hills, CA. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Melin-Perel is affiliated with Encino Hospital Medical Center and California Hospital Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Beth M Melin-Perel has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Beth M Melin-Perel has the following 7 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Child Nutrition Disorders
Dr. Beth M Melin-Perel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Beth M Melin-Perel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
WOW!! Ok, maybe her beside manner is not for everyone, but for the last 18 years that I took my sons to her, I can honestly say I could not have been happier with the interactions I had with Dr. Beth. When our oldest was two and admitted, at 11:30pm mind you, to West Hills Hospital due to a severe case of the flu, Dr. Beth not only personally took the time to meet us there, but brought her sons with her. She stayed until he was stabilized and comfortable. For that I will ALWAYS be grateful and appreciative. In the end, I consider her involvement with our family to be a huge plus.
I have to agree with the others. I have been taking my kids to see her for YEARS. last time I was there, I was questioning some of the SHOTS they give kids, because of things I heard and read, and she practically EXPLODED on me, saying in not so many words that Im not a good mom for not giving my kid the shots. My daughter was SHOCKED how she spoke to me. I wont be going there anymore. Her bedside manner has gotten TERRIBLE over the years.
Do yourself and your child a favor and don't see this doctor. she misdiagnozed my daughter and she referred me to an ENT and when he saw my daughter,he told me i don't see why the doctor would refer your daughter and waste your time and my time when there is nothing wrong with her. also like other reviews said , she made fun of me and the way i raise up my daughter and called my daughter obese infront of her , very unprofessional and disrespectful of her. Not going back to see her!!!!
I'm tired of Dr. Melin's bedside manner. It always feels like she's yelling at me. I'm also tired of the 60+ minute wait my kids and I have to endure every time we have a Saturday appointment. Even for simple things like a cholesterol screening or a Gardasil booster. I really like the fact that they're open on Saturdays, but the long waits and verbal abuse aren't worth it anymore.
Dr. Melin-Perel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Beth M Melin-Perel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Beth M Melin-Perel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hills, CA.